Nagios Agent installation on AIX 4.3

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jun 2 16:43:28 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 09:59:53AM +0100, Abu Salim wrote:
>    I am experiencing a lot of problem with Nagios Agent installation
>    on AIX 4.3
>
>    I have followed all the instructions available on the web, but my
>    installation fails to complete.
>
>    Would anyone have a working procedure and list of all the
>    components and tools needed to install Nagios Agent on AIX 4.3?

I can't help you directly, but I can tell you that my experience of AIX
4.3 (albeit a bit dated) is that it's not Unix: it's VM with a POSIX
skin on top.  This rears it's head most prominently WRT system
management, which intersects directly with setting up Nagios
monitoring.

Good luck, and feel free to report your results (on the wiki?) if you
have success.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.