Ping flapping on Ubuntu client

Izz Abdullah izz_abdullah at inbox.com
Mon Jun 2 11:12:46 CEST 2008

This has been happening since we installed the NRPE addon onto the remote host for monitoring.  The firewall is stopped / off.  Any ideas on why this is happening?  My first thought was the box thought it was being attacked, but I am unsure if this is the case and if so how to rectify it.  It will go green for a short period of time, and then go back to a warning state and start flapping.  It is green / OK maybe once a day.

PING
This service is flapping between states
WARNING 	02-06-2008 17:09:10 	0d 0h 0m 46s 	1/4 	PING WARNING - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 222.32 ms

Thanks in advance,
Izz