Nagios can works with help desk software?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jul 24 14:48:17 CEST 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, at 5:39 AM, <tom.welsh at bt.com> <tom.welsh at bt.com>
wrote:

> Depending on which helpdesk software you are using you should be
> able to
> set up a notification command to raise a ticket in your help desk
> system
>
> You really need to specify the helpdesk system you are using before
> you
> could get much more help. Some helpdesk systems allow you to auto
> generate trouble tickets by sending the helpdesk software an email.

OP indicated it's wonderdesk 4.0 running on Ubuntu 7.10. If I'm
looking at the right product page, adding it's e-mail address as a
contact should do the trick --

http://www.wonderdesk.com/features.html

# Incoming email ability!  Emails sent to support at yourcompany.com are
automatically imported into the WonderDesk as help desk calls.
Customers and technicians can use their choice of the web interface or
email to communicate.  <-- WonderDesk SQL only
# Incoming email automatically creates help desk account. <--
WonderDesk SQL only
# Incoming email automatically selects the category and/or subcategory
depending on the "To" address that the customer emailed to. <--
WonderDesk SQL only
# Incoming email automatically assigns the call to the correct
technician depending on the "To" address that the customer emailed to.
<-- WonderDesk SQL only

--
Marc