Quick Question About Nagiostats Utility

James Whittington James.Whittington at vc3.com
Mon Jul 7 21:56:16 CEST 2008

To answer your question, we dump perfdata using perfparse to a central
mysql database for trending and analysis.
As you mentioned there are several good graphical trending tools out
there but having the data in a relational database gives us a good bit
of flexibility about how that data is used and presented.

I can make quick work of creating a perl wrapper script to format the
output I just was wanting to find out if the max service latency
returned by nagiostats was based on a 5 minute average or not.

Thanks for your input however, I'll have to evaluate some of the other
tools sometime.

James Whittington
VC3, Inc.