Easily building service dependencies on Nagios 2?

Clyde Jones cjones at exelixis.com
Thu Jul 3 03:34:03 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

 I am trying to build up a large number of service dependencies for some
checks (e.g. all the NRPE checks are dependent on a check of NRPE so
that I get the correct error notification)  However, I have ~500 checks
using NRPE.  Is there an easier way of building the dependencies than
writing all 500 into a config file?  I am using service and host groups
to assign most of these service checks (e.g. the nrpe_nt service groups
assigns the basic checks for my 50 or so windows servers)

I have looked through the documentation but I don't see anything about
using wildcards or groups to assign dependencies.

I was hoping I could use groups to create service dependencies, since it
will be the same for every server in the hostgroup.

I do realize I can script the config file creation, but maintenance will
be so much easier with host groups.

Thanks!

--
Clyde Jones
R&D Informatics
cjones at exelixis.com
Exelixis Inc
650 837 7085 Office
650 228 4699 Cell

This email (including any attachments) may contain material
that is confidential and privileged and is for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by
others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.

Exelixis, Inc. reserves the right, to the extent and under
circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor
and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.