add hosts to running nagios through API?

Christian Schneemann cschneemann at suse.de
Tue Jul 1 11:30:31 CEST 2008

Hi,
is it possible to add hosts to a running nagios server through an AP (commands
in command file)?

I want to monitor some kind of special service, hosts starting doing some work
in their sparetime and if they do this, they should be monitored if anything
goes wrong.
I can't know which hosts here at work will have the software installed, but
when they have it insalled they has to be monitored.

It doesn't matter if the hosts are gone after a restart of the nagios server.

Any ideas?

thanks,
	Christian

--
Christian Schneemann

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,
Maxfeldstr. 5, D - 90409 Nürnberg

Phone:  +49 (0)911 - 740 53 0
e-mail: cschneemann at suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex
HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)