Problems with check_snmp_netint

Bas van Schooten bschoote at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 25 11:58:08 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to get check_snmp_int working on a Juniper.
snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 <hostname> system
works nicely.
I'm trying to do something with octets, being:
snmpwalk -Os -c public -v 1 <hostname> .1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.6
gives me exactly what I'm looking for.

I want Nagios to trigger on certain levels of packets coming in.

Problem is,
./check_snmp_netint.pl -n 'lot's of different things tried' -H <hostname>
-C public .1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.6
just responds with:
No answer from host <hostname>

Naturally, if snmpwalk can connect, so should this script.
It just always gives me that same response.
I also tried eth, fxp<x>, *, atm or whatever with -n.

What could I be doing wrong?

Cheers, Bas.