how to monitor www.domain.com without host object

Brock Kuhse brock at kuhsefamily.org
Thu Jan 24 03:25:30 CET 2008

Sorry for the top post - I haven't quite figured out how to get Outlook 2007
to behave properly when replying to HTML emails (switching to plain text
after I hit "Reply" doesn't seem to quote the original properly).  I'm sure
I'll figure it out.   Soon.

Anyway, we monitor plenty of clients for whom we track the status of their
hosted sites in addition to their internal networks.  For the hosted sites,
we simply create a host object with the hosted site's IP / DNS name and
assign checks normally (check_http variations primarily).

-          Brock