flap_detection_enabled persistence acrossreload/restart?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 24 00:35:02 CET 2008

[chop]

> Before I dig further, can anyone verify that the state of host or
service
> flap
> detection (enabled/disabled) should or shouldn't be persistent across
> reload/restart?  I've combed the docs and archives, and am coming up
dry.

The retention file should take precedence. Not all directives can be
overridden by the retention file but flap_detection_enabled is one of
them (http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html#service).
Your configuration snippets look accurate, assuming they're applied as
you indicate.

--
marc