Problem with high latencies after going distributed

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Wed Jan 23 03:13:43 CET 2008

But if the submit_check_result is running slowly, that would only affect
the service
execution time wouldn't it?  My understanding of check latency is that
it's the difference
in time between when Nagios schedules a check to run versus the time
that the check
actually starts to execute.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.  When it comes to working
with Nagios, I
tend to learn the most when I have the biggest problems :-).

Do you do the same thing I mentioned where you define all the checks on
both distributed
nodes, but disable checks on complimentary halves of those checks on
each node?

Thanks

Mark