NagiosGrapher 2008-01-08 issue on Centos

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Jan 19 16:26:36 CET 2008

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I might have missed something trivial here but it seems I am not getting
| any graphs build and I end up with a lot of small files on a pretty new
| installation on Centos 5.1 with Nagios 2.10
|
| Nagios is runing fine for the current handfull of hosts in the config.
| So I decided I wanted to give NagiosGrapher a spin.

I found the first issue. In the rc there is the line:
DAEMON=/usr/lib/nagios/contrib/nagios_grapher/collect2.pl

But there is not even an directory called /usr/lib/nagios/contrib

The file was in fact installed in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib/

In this regard the value in the Fedora init script is better as this
part of the diff shows:
- --- nagios_grapher.fc   2007-08-10 17:05:31.000000000 +0200
+++ nagios_grapher.redhat       2007-08-10 17:05:31.000000000 +0200
- -DAEMON=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/contrib/collect2.pl
+DAEMON=/usr/lib/nagios/contrib/nagios_grapher/collect2.pl

Fixing the issue and adding the perl-GD package did result in the
startup of the daemon.

The files are now read as I would expect them to be.

But I am not yet getting any graphs. Int he logs it seems all of the
lines are ignored.

In the ngrap.ncfg file I have:

# Includes
cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/ngraph.d

And I copied the template file for ping to this directry and made sure
the file was now named check_ping.ncfg but this did not work yet. I then
renamed the file to PING.ncfg and this time the restart seems to get it
right.

Is this a known issue with the names of the template files? Must they
match the service name exactly?

Hugo.

- --