bulk downtime or bulk acknowledge

jamie baddeley jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz
Thu Jan 17 12:04:42 CET 2008

Hi,

We're running a Nagios2 system that's monitoring ~300 hosts and ~700
services. We're finding it tedious to schedule downtime in the network
when the affected host count is high, or alternatively acknowledge that
many when something happens we didn't plan. We've optimised host groups
as much as we can, the problem we've struck however is dealing with
exceptions when you try to do a hostgroup level command.

Before we run off and start writing code to scratch our particular itch,
has anyone else come across a web based interface that makes bulk
downtime scheduling or bulk acknowledging less clicksome?

We really want it in a web interface, so the cli based alternatives
don't really meet our needs (though granted those cli based systems
might help in the backend).

cheers

Jamie