Nagvis without DB

Brian Loe knobdy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:52:25 CET 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 4:07 AM, Max <perldork at webwizarddesign.com> wrote:

> Yes, it is a tool to do custom visualizations :); for example at one
> client I work for I have taken .jpg exports of the Visio diagrams for
> network segments and placed Nagios host icons over those; another map
> for this client shows logical groupings of web/app/db/ldap servers for
> 3 environments one on screen, which developers and integrators use as
> a dashboard

As I said, it looks really cool and I'll certainly get back to it. I
was hoping for an option to quickly throw up the entire
infrastructure, showing their parenting, in a quick fashion is all -
since manipulating the placement of icons via the config file is a
MAJOR PIA. You would think this feature would already be a part of the
project, really.

> > So, back to the original question - at least for now - anyone gotten
> > nagiosmap.pl to work correctly? I've gotten it to load, but its not
> > importing the current hostextinfo.cfg.
>
> I am definitely going to check that tool out, sounds interesting.

If you get it to work, be sure to share how!