Nagvis without DB

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Wed Jan 16 11:07:53 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 10:45 PM, Brian Loe <knobdy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got NagVis installed but I have to say, I'm fairly disappointed -
> but perhaps only because I don't know what I'm doing yet and I haven't
> figured out what I need to do to get on its mail list.

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=132019

Just click on the "Subscribe" link for the list you are interested in.

> At any rate, I
> was hoping for an easy way to build the visual representation of my
> infrastructure and NagVis appears to require you to add each device
> and then add the parenting line too!

Yes, it is a tool to do custom visualizations :); for example at one
client I work for I have taken .jpg exports of the Visio diagrams for
network segments and placed Nagios host icons over those; another map
for this client shows logical groupings of web/app/db/ldap servers for
3 environments one on screen, which developers and integrators use as
a dashboard

> So, back to the original question - at least for now - anyone gotten
> nagiosmap.pl to work correctly? I've gotten it to load, but its not
> importing the current hostextinfo.cfg.

I am definitely going to check that tool out, sounds interesting.

- Max