Quick question regarding contact groups and web display

Divan Santana divan.santana at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 09:13:55 CET 2008

On Monday 14 January 2008 10:07:08 Divan Santana wrote:
> I just wanted to ask a quick question.
>
> I would like to be able to set a nagios user to not be in a contact group
> of a host(ie. not be notified from problems etc) but still to be able to
> view the host on the nagios display map.
>
> If this possible?
>
> If I remove him from the contact group the host disappears off the map :(
>
> Any idea?

OK, I was being lazy and found out how it works:
If you are authorized for all hosts you can view all hosts and all services.
If you are authorized for all services you can view all services.
If you are an authenticated contact you can view all hosts and services for
which you are a contact.

Global Host Information Access
  Format:  authorized_for_all_hosts=<user1>,<user2>,<user3>,...<usern>
  Example:  authorized_for_all_hosts=nagiosadmin,theboss
   This is a comma-delimited list of names of authenticated users who can view
status and configuration information for all hosts. Users in this list are
also automatically authorized to view information for all services. Users in
this list are not automatically authorized to issue commands for all hosts or
services. If you want users able to issue commands for all hosts and services
as well, you must add them to the authorized_for_all_host_commands variable.
More information on how to setup authentication and configure authorization
for the CGIs can be found here.

OK, hope this helps someone.

--
Divan Santana

Gtalk/MSN:              Divan.Santana at GMail.com
Skype:                  DivanSantana

Love God, Love People, Love Life!