DISK UNKNOWN

Jake Solid richardsolid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:13:35 CET 2008

I'm using the check_nrpe to check the space of the filesystems. The
check_nrpe its able to check the space for all the volumes except one of
them

[root at nagios plugins]# ./check_nrpe -H vm.domain.com -c check_disk3
DISK UNKNOWN - free space:|

disk3 is filesystem /dev/mapper/VolGroup01-infoVol00  which is mounted on
/vservers/colombia/info. This is where the MySQL database reside.

Why is showing DISK UNKNOWN - free space ??

This is how they are mapped:
=====================
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02
                      138G   52G   79G  40% /
/dev/md1              7.8G  153M  7.2G   3% /boot
tmpfs                  14G     0   14G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                       16G  173M   15G   2% /tmp
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
                       16G  974M   14G   7% /var
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-infoVol00
                      119G   96G   17G  85% /vservers/colombia/info

If I run the command /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_disk -w 20% -c 10% -p
/dev/mapper/VolGroup01-infoVol00  from the server that its getting monitored
it outputs the information ok like the following:

DISK CRITICAL - free space: /vservers/fred/data 6113 MB (5% inode=99%);|
/vservers/colombia/info =108694MB;96760;108855;0;120951

If I use the mount point when running the line from the monitored server it
also gives the proper output.

Now, If I use the check_nrpe with the check_disk option from the nagios
server is when it give incompleted output like the following:

DISK UNKNOWN - free space:|

If specify the mount point in the nrpe.cfg of the monitored server and then
run the check_nrpe with the check_disk from the nagios server. It gives the
following:

DISK CRITICAL - /vservers/colombia/info does not exist

Any inputs?