Generic check of recent rrd value

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Mon Feb 25 11:06:59 CET 2008

Hi,

I've been looking for a generic check_rrd plugin.

I've seen the check_mrtg, checkmrtgtraf in the official Nagios plugins
and also seen various plugins on the NagiosExchange website, but none
seems to be capable of what I want.

Essentially I have a set of rrd's which have Holt-Winters forcasting and
prediction enabled. This includes a FAILURES rra which returns a value
of "1" when the returned result of the measured value is outside the
confidence band of the Holt-Winters algorithm.

I think this would be especially useful for detecting aberrant behaviour
such a DDoS attacks, and I would love to have Nagios alert on it.

The closest that might be able to be used as a template would be the
CHECK_RRD_DISK plugin, as it's written in bash and I can probably work
to eventually understand what it's doing and amend it for my uses.

Before I spend time on that however, has anyone come across a generic
check_rrd plugin that will support querying the HW RRAs?

Thanks

Giles