Feature requests

Wed Feb 20 09:40:59 CET 2008

Hi

we are integrating nagios in our company. we have nearly 3 dozens of
servers and several hundred clients. We are 15 admins split in 3 groups.
Our internal organisation is split in functions, eg. somebody cares for
the mail stuff, another one cares for the web servers and so on.

>From what I've seen while configuring contacts, contact groups, services
and service groups and timeperiods there are a few limitations that from
our point of view gave a bit of a headache. We tried to map our
organisation to somehow fit into Nagios:

- contact groups cannot be grouped. This would be great. Because the boss
of such an organisational unit could then see all tests that belong to his
OU.
- a contact cannot be associated with more than 1 time period. Thus, I
cannot be advertised from 0900 - 1700 by email (as I am in the office all
day) and from 1700 - 0900 by sms unless I configure another contact for
myself.
- service groups cannot be associated with contact groups and vice versa.
this would be very nice if serveral services are grouped then the service
group could be associated with the contact group.
- and finally theres a bug in the Nagios 2.6 (Debian Etch Stable)
documentation regarding contacts: A contact must have an email address.
The nagios documentation states otherwise.

Thanks for consideration
Best,
Philipp