Accessing macros as environment variables

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Feb 19 16:59:04 CET 2008

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/macros.html

Macros as Environment Variables

Most macros are made available as environment variables for easy
reference by scripts or commands that are executed by Nagios. For
purposes of security and sanity, $USERn$ and "on-demand" host and
service macros are not made available as environment variables.

Environment variables that contain standard macros are named the same as
their corresponding macro names (listed here), with "NAGIOS_" prepended
to their names. For example, the $HOSTNAME$ macro would be available as
an environment variable named "NAGIOS_HOSTNAME".

--
Marc