Accessing macros as environment variables

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at Kognitio.com
Tue Feb 19 16:16:22 CET 2008

Hi,

I want to access some of the macros such as $SERVICEOUTPUT$ as an
environment variable. I've installed and configured Nagios 3.0rc2 and its
all working fine.
I have enabled enable_environment_macros=1 in nagios.cfg

Does anyone have any idea of how I can access the macro from a shell script
for example ? Are the environment variables prefixed with anything ?  I
can't seem to find it in the docs or FAQs elsewhere.
Any pointers would be much appreciated!

thanks,
deborah

Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.

Whilst Kognitio Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission of viruses
via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or attachment is free from
computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus
precautions.

Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any
e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage,
howsoever caused.

Kognitio Limited
Registered in England:  0212 7833
Registered Address:	3a Waterside Park