status.cgi very high cpu usage

Steve Kieu msh.computing at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 04:51:54 CET 2008

Hello,

I have a problem with status.cgi taking up too much cpu so the page is very
slow to  render. Is there any way to find out where the problem is?

We have about 650 services monitored. The output os nagios -s command is
below:

HOST SCHEDULING INFORMATION
---------------------------
Total hosts:                     114
Total scheduled hosts:           5
Host inter-check delay method:   SMART
Average host check interval:     300.00 sec
Host inter-check delay:          60.00 sec
Max host check spread:           15 min
First scheduled check:           Tue Feb 19 16:44:01 2008
Last scheduled check:            Tue Feb 19 16:48:01 2008

SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION
-------------------------------
Total services:                     645
Total scheduled services:           596
Service inter-check delay method:   SMART
Average service check interval:     877.85 sec
Inter-check delay:                  1.47 sec
Interleave factor method:           SMART
Average services per host:          5.66
Service interleave factor:          6
Max service check spread:           15 min
First scheduled check:              Tue Feb 19 16:46:28 2008
Last scheduled check:               Tue Feb 19 17:01:09 2008

CHECK PROCESSING INFORMATION
----------------------------
Service check reaper interval:      10 sec
Max concurrent service checks:      Unlimited

PERFORMANCE SUGGESTIONS
I have no suggestions - things look okay.

It is running on a vmware host with 1Gb of ram and we just allocate 1 more
cpu (3Ghz) without any improvement. The custom frontend using Nagvis but
even if we do not access nagvis, accessing normal nagios services list still
causes high cpu usage and slow response in a such unusable state.

Please help. Thanks you in advance.

--
Steve Kieu
Mob: (+64) 021 250 6437