conditional inclusion of cfg files

Justin Hitt hittjw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:31:01 CET 2008

Jonathan,

Jonathan Mills wrote:
> > Okay, let's say you have lots of distributed pollers, which should
> > only load cfg files for their particular environment (both hosts and
> > services).  However, you'd like to manage the same set of "global" cfg

I setup configurations in subdirectories by datacenter (location of
the distributed poller) then have a local 'sed' check change the
location of the configuration relevant to that specific box.

These directories are also broken out individually ...

$NAGIOS_HOME/etc/corporate/$ASSET_GROUP/{hosts,groups,contact}.cfg
$NAGIOS_HOME/etc/datacenter/$CITY_STATE/{hosts,groups,contact}.cfg
$NAGIOS_HOME/etc/thirdparty/$VENDOR/{hosts,groups,contact}.cfg

All my pollers check a common pool ("corporate", "thirdparty") and
have local checks for their own site ("datacenter".)  $CITY_STATE
could also be the name of your host, that makes 'sed' a little easier.

Use 'cfg_dir='

You could use 'cfengine', I use 'sed', but just comment out all
datacenters on your console and uncomment the one necessary for a
particular datacenter.  If you won't want to use 'sed' or 'cfengine'
then just uncomment it by hand.

Best,

Justin
--
Attention Sales And Marketing Professionals Who Serve B2B Executives
   http://hittpublishingdirect.com/