Nagios Looking Glass 1.1.0 beta 1 released

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Mon Feb 18 16:59:42 CET 2008

Andy,

I thought I'd take a look at your project, as I have some interest in having some sort of dynamic portal which customers can query and I've seen your project surface time-and-time again on this list.

I've implemented the 'hack' to limit which hosts a particular user can see, but notice that they still see the "Overall Network Health" still shows the values for all hosts & services, rather than those in the currently selected filter.

It would be much better if the granularity for this tool followed the 'Nagios way' and used the contact group for all visibility. Unfortunately this is very important for our environment.

In terms of the license, what if I want to remove all references to Nagios Looking Glass, your name etc... from the portal interface? Is that going to be an issue? I'm not talking about removing any copyright or license information from the source files itself, just the customer facing side.

Thanks

Giles