Notification Woes

Larry Low llow at telesphere.com
Sat Feb 16 00:28:49 CET 2008

Just an FYI on what I did to get what I wanted to work:

Service created with a check_interval of 60 and retry_interval of 10 and
max_check_attempts of 1.

Event handler that is passed a value of 60 and 10.

Service escalation for first notification with a notification_interval of 10
(60 in service as it throws warnings otherwise because of the default
check_interval).

Service escalation for second notification with a notification_interval of
0.

Event handler setup to CHANGE_NORMAL_SVC_CHECK_INTERVAL to 60 on OK and 10
on non-OK.  If non-OK also SCHEDULE_SVC_CHECK in 10 minutes.

So if a passive or active check comes in and changes state from OK to
CRITICAL an alert is sent to first person, a check is scheduled in 10
minutes, and if still down on second check sends an email to second person.

I also created a flapping only contact to be added to service contact_group
so flapping is reported to second person as well.