Notification Woes

Larry Low llow at telesphere.com
Fri Feb 15 20:26:32 CET 2008

Thanks for the input.  I would like to avoid having separate services for
the active and passive as it is the main reason I even use Nagios (easy to
make sure active and passive alerts keep status accurate for a service).

I am working on using an event handler to change the polling interval from
60 to 5 minutes on a non OK and 5 to 60 on an OK.  I'm not sure how well
this will work with passive checks but it seems like the best solution for
me.  I'm just worried about problems occurring and inconsistencies being
created.