NSCA problem

Steffen Poulsen step at tdc.dk
Fri Feb 15 19:46:49 CET 2008

> I see how this could cause problems especially since the
> server is also a mail content filter, but disks are hardware
> RAID5 on a Dell Perc controller monitored by Nagios and they
> appear fine.

If you are sending a lot of stand-alone NSCA results, it is only natural
that you will start to get delays and hanging processes at some point
(before you reach ~1000/checks minute at current hardware).

But this should materialize itself also at the "sending" servers - is
latency there OK still?

Anyway, if this is the case, solution is to bundle up nsca checks and
only send a batch every 10-20 seconds. Should reduce load and latency
both at the sending and receiving server.

Best regards,
Steffen Poulsen