Changing contacts for the same service

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Fri Feb 15 15:32:23 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm running a medium-sized Nagios setup (250 hosts, 700 services).
Most of the hardware and software is configured identically, so
monitoring is fairly straightforward.  The one complication is mapping
Nagios alerts onto people.  I think I must be doing it the hard way,
and I can't find a solution in the archives or docs.

alerts for system X go to this one contact group."

We have different project teams to manage different groups of servers.
Team A should only get the alerts for team A's hosts and services,
team B should only get the alerts for team B's hosts and services, and
so on.

The teams, of course, are defined as contact groups.  Each server has
an associated contact group, that's easy.

Services, however... I have defined services such as "Team A C Drive
Disk Space" listing Team A as the contact group, then "Team B C Drive
Disk Space" with team B as the contact group, and so on.  Both
services have the same check command.

This has resulted in a massive proliferation of services.

Surely there's some way to say that "Both host and service alerts for
system X go to this contact group"?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
      Now Shipping: "Absolute FreeBSD" -- http://www.AbsoluteFreeBSD.com