check_rrdtraf

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Wed Feb 13 19:47:41 CET 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 6:34 AM, Marc Powell wrote:
> [...]

That would be (partly) my plugin, obtained from Nagiosexchange.org,
most likely :)

>> i use  the command:
>> $USER1$/check_rrdtraf -f ./var/www/html/cfg/$HOSTADRESS$_1.rrd  -l
>> b -vv -
>> c $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$
>
> You meant $HOSTADDRESS$ here, right?

And did you really want that period before the /var ?

>> and in the service i give it the next arguments:
>> !3000000,3000000!5000000,5000000
>>
>> i have read about it several times, and it doesn't work how i espect:
>> it returns me an OK value, but it doesn't tell me the present BW...
>> Am i missing something?
>>

> When you run the above command as the nagios user from the command
> line, does the first line of output match what you're seeing in the
> GUI? I expect it starts with the word 'Using'. What is the -vv flag
> causing to happen when the program is run (hint, run check_rrdtraf --
> help to find out)?

The -vv is an issue, although there could be a couple of others (see
previous comments about the formating of the file string in the
command). As that flag gives a lot of debugging output, and nagios
only displays the first line of output, I wouldn't expect it to show
the traffic values with this switch in there. What I would expect
nagios to be showing is something along the lines of "Using RRD File: /
var/www/html/cfg/$HOSTADRESS$_1.rrd" (I think that's the first line of
debugging output I put in there), with $HOSTADDRESS$ replaced  with
the applicable value. Try without the -vv and see what happens.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd