check_rrdtraf

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Feb 13 16:34:02 CET 2008

When asking about plugins that don't come with the distribution it's helpful to include where you obtained the plugin so everyone knows which check_rrd (or check_rrdtraf as the case may be) you're talking about.

> i use  the command:
> $USER1$/check_rrdtraf -f ./var/www/html/cfg/$HOSTADRESS$_1.rrd  -l b -vv -
> c $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$

You meant $HOSTADDRESS$ here, right?

> and in the service i give it the next arguments:
> !3000000,3000000!5000000,5000000
>
> i have read about it several times, and it doesn't work how i espect:
> it returns me an OK value, but it doesn't tell me the present BW...
> Am i missing something?

When you run the above command as the nagios user from the command line, does the first line of output match what you're seeing in the GUI? I expect it starts with the word 'Using'. What is the -vv flag causing to happen when the program is run (hint, run check_rrdtraf --help to find out)?

--
Marc