mrtgtraf help needed

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Wed Feb 13 19:27:02 CET 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 8:26 PM, John King wrote:

> Hi list
>
> ...[Hi All, I have the latest versions of Nagios, the plugins, net-
> snmp, net-snmp-utils all installed on a fedora 5 box. I've setup the
> monitoring of my windows and linux machines and all is well with
> those. I have or am trying to setup monitoing of my cisco switches
> and while I am getting gree lights on the snmp and ping tests, none
> of the bandwith (mrtg) checks are working. Error msg is
> "check_mrtgtraf: Unable to open MRTG log file "
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated]...

Well, the obvious questions: is MRTG set up and functioning? You
didn't mention installing it. If it is, then what is the command
definition you have for the bandwidth checks? Do the log files they
point to actually exist? From the error you are getting, if MRTG is
installed an functioning, then the most likely problem is that your
command definitions are looking in the wrong place for the MRTG log
files.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.