Remote monitoring

Paul Aviles paul.aviles at nickelnetworks.com
Tue Feb 12 05:06:38 CET 2008

I am looking for a way to remotely monitor Windows servers. The servers
are on a  remote network and using network address translation so they
are not directly accessible. I saw that Pandora uses an agent on the
remote servers to connect via ssh to the main monitoring server and I
like that idea, but I have not been able to see any documentation on how
to do it with Nagios. In our configuration we cannot alter or open ports
on the clients firewalls, but outgoing ssh traffic should not be an
issue and I guess the monitoring server should not contact the remote
servers.

Is there a way to have an agent on a remote Windows servers similarly
using ssh to tunnel the traffic?

Regards,

Paul