Mail Flow.... Exchange server

Luis Fernando Lacayo lflacayo at cps.k12.il.us
Fri Feb 8 20:30:31 CET 2008

Hello Everyone,

I have a question and asking for some advice.  I have an Exchange server
and one of the windows admins who controls the exchange servers, would
like for me to have Nagios check an individual mailbox by sending and
email, receiving the email and deleting the email from the mailbox.
basically he wants to make sure that mail is flowing both in and out of
the exchange servers.

Is anyone checking anything like this? Is he out of his mind? any ideas
are welcome.

Thanks,

Luis

Luis Fernando Lacayo