Antwort: Re: no email notification

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Fri Feb 8 11:36:07 CET 2008

Whoops... sorry for the empty mail btw - accidently double-clicked in the
wrong place ;-)

> The Problem is still there. The log isn't telling me of any problem. But
> still don't receive emails??
>
> > I don't receive email notifications on problems. Emailing as user
nagios
> > from the command line works (postfix). Email address in contacts.cfg
is
> > correct and I have the necessary lines in the service description to
(I
> > think):
> >
> > define service{
> >         host_name               localhost
> >         service_description     test_notification
> >         check_command           test_notification
> >         max_check_attempts      4
> >         normal_check_interval   2
> >         retry_check_interval    1
> >         check_period            24x7
> >         notification_interval   15
> >         notification_period     24x7
> >         notification_options    w,c,r
> >         contact_groups          beick
> >         }
> >
> > Any idea what I have missed?

What does the defition for the contacts in the beick contact_group look
like? Do the contacts have notifications enabled correctly? Does your
notification command work properly? We need a bit more info then just the
service object.

Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk- und Systemmanagement
Abt. Organisation und Betrieb - IT-Infrastruktur
GFKL Financial Services AG
Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen

Telefon : +49 (201) 102-1879
Mobile  : +49 (173) 5419665
Fax     : +49 (201) 102-1102105

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Till Ergenzinger, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522