Monitoring Hosts without use plugins

Hugo Canalli hugocanalli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 13:35:49 CET 2008

Hello,
I need to monitor to see if hosts are UP or DOWN, but my hosts are network
devices that can not be installed any plugin for nagios as the NCSA.
What we need is that the nagios track every time and let a message (sends a
message by email or cell phone) if the host is down (without using any type
of plugin for the device monitored. On the server management can be
installed plugins nagios if necessary.)
Do it possible with nagios?

Version used: 3.0.6 nagios

--