nagios error: Could not stat() command file

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 16:40:19 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:
 list. I missed out on this one. Sorry.

> Make sure you've followed the Documentation on enabling External
> Commands. The CGI's use that functionality to send commands to nagios.
> It's disabled by default.

I must be missing out on something very basic. Here's what I have
confirmed in my nagios.cfg :

check_external_commands=1
command_check_interval=-1
command_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd

My permissions on the directory "/usr/local/nagios/var/rw" seem correct too:

drwxrwsr-x 2 nagios nagcmd  4096 Dec 22 17:06 rw

cat /etc/group shows that both the required users are a part of the
correct group:

nagcmd:x:1239:nagios,apache

"locate nagios.cmd" returns a null showing that this file is not
accidentally being created in a wrong location.

getenforce  gives "Disabled" so I guess it is not
damn-SELINUX-once-more day yet!

At this point I am stumped again! Any other checks I am missing out on?

Ian, I did peruse the list postings from last month on this topic
which is how I came up with these checks I outlined above. In case I
am still missing the relevant instruction it'd be great if you could
point me to the correct post that you might have in mind.

Thanks again guys; and I apologize if I am missing something clearly basic!
--
Rahul