nagios error: Could not stat() command file

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 06:57:57 CET 2008

When I try to access many of the sub-menu options under nagios (eg.
deactivate the service etc.) I get the following error:

Error: Could not stat() command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'!
The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running,
and/or Nagios may not be checking external commands.
An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for processing.

I looked in the indicated dir and it seems empty. Should there be
something in there? Does it point to a fault Nagios install? All my
tests seemed OK.

Any suggestions?

--
Rahul