Cannot add remote-linux server to my setup to be monitored

Andy Shellam andy-lists at networkmail.eu
Wed Dec 24 01:52:04 CET 2008

Rahul Nabar wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:02 AM, Kenneth Holter <kenneho.ndu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just a little side note: I don't think you need to maintain the hostgroup<->
>> host relationship in both the hostgroup and host definitions. Keep the
>> definition in one of the two to get a cleaner code. Someone please correct
>> me if I'm wrong. :)
>>

> Thanks guys! I got it working now.
>
> Another question: I see a Critical Notification of the sort:
>
> "PROCS CRITICAL: 1217 processes with STATE = RSZDT" on my localhost itself.
>
> What is this? Any clues? I'm stumped.

It means you have a service check set up to check how many processes are
in the state RSZDT (I believe these are active processes) with a
critical threshold.
The current number of (active?) processes on the machine is 1,217 which
is above your critical threshold you have defined so Nagios is alerting
you (good Nagios.)

You might want to look into that....

Andy