Solaris 10 check_procs

Brandon Munger bmunger at edison.edu
Thu Dec 18 20:48:05 CET 2008

Bill,

Ok that makes sense.  The compiler is 32 bit.  This is the output I get is:

-bash-3.00# ./check_procs -vv
CMD: /export/home/bmunger/downloads/nagios/libexec/pst3
Unable to read output

I have since found a different solution on nagiosexchange.org called
check_procs2 which is a perl script.  This seems to work fine for me.

Thanks!

Brandon

William Aiken wrote:
> Brandon,
>
> I am just becoming familiar with Nagios in general and on Solaris in
> particular, but this is what I know about check_procs.
>
> On Solaris, nagios builds this plugin (named pst3) as a 64 bit
> executable instead of 32 bit. It needs to use process address
> structures to preserve the entire string of command line arguments.  I
> believe this is the only 64 bit Solaris plugin executable.
>
> Try running check_procs -vv
>
> This gives you the executable (pst3) including complete pathname.
>
> On my system, I got:
>
> check_procs -vv
> CMD: /export/home/nagios/opt/local/nagios/libexec/pst3
> System call sent warnings to stderr: pst3: This program can only be
> run by the root user!
>
> I can run the above command as root without a problem.
> Trying running nrpe as root on the Solaris machine so that you can run
> pst3.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,