Solaris 10 check_procs

Brandon Munger bmunger at edison.edu
Wed Dec 17 23:01:08 CET 2008

Hi again...

I was able to get nagios-plugins compiled in Solaris 10 with GCC.

The problem I now have has to do with the check_procs command.
For every command I type I get:

Unable to read output

So I figured it was a problem with the way ps outputs its format and I
I remembered running into a configure flag that should work.  I reran
the configure and make with:

./configure --prefix=/export/home/bmunger/downloads/nagios
--with-ps-command="/usr/bin/ps -eo 's uid pid ppid vsz rss pcpu etime
comm args'" --with-ps-format='%s %d %d %d %d %d %f %s %s %n'
--with-ps-cols=10
--with-ps-varlist='procstat,&;procuid,&;procpid,&;procppid,&;procvsz,&;procrss,&;procpcpu,procetime,procprog,&pos'

And it outputted an error on line 185 on check_procs.c.  I checked the
file and it was in
reference to the col variable.  I modified the configure flags again
removing the
--with-ps-cols=10 and reconfigured and compiled.  The resulting binary
still exhibits
the same issue as when I started.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Brandon

CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,