launching ssh session via action_url (or other mechanism)

Eric Pearce epearce at amberpoint.com
Mon Dec 15 20:11:38 CET 2008

Good tip.
I also found a useful utility on the MSDN link,
http://www.codeplex.com/customurl
I used CustomURL to set up both "ssh://" and "rdp://"  (remote desktop)
protocols for broswers and I have verified that it works for both IE and
Firefox.
This enables me to do the following:

     action_url      ssh://linuxserver

and

    action_url        rdp://windowserver

Now I can click on the "Extra Host Action" icon without knowing the
connection method in advance.
Thanks again
-e