Host is not allowed to talk to us!

Grant Lowe glowe at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 12 18:23:52 CET 2008

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, I have the correct IP.  Also I already have debugging turned on in nrpe.cfg.  I have other clients connecting just fine.  I just restarted nrpe and I got this message:

Dec 12 09:18:22 nagiosclient svc.startd[7]: [ID 748625 daemon.error] network/cswnrpe:default failed repeatedly
Dec 12 09:19:25 nagiosclient nrpe[643]: [ID 601491 daemon.notice] Starting up daemon
Dec 12 09:19:25 nagiosclient nrpe[643]: [ID 627629 daemon.notice] Warning: Daemon is configured to accept command arguments from clients!
Dec 12 09:19:42 nagiosclient nrpe[649]: [ID 381997 daemon.error] Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not allowed to talk to us!

We're not using IPV6, so I guess that's not a problem.  Other thoughts?