Migrating nagios from one server to other

XYZ XYZ coolmrhonest at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 15:48:42 CET 2008

Marc, Seth
   Thanks for quick response.

Thanks

--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:

From: Marc Powell <marc at ena.com>
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Migrating nagios from one server to other
Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 5:51 PM

On Dec 8, 2008, at 4:23 PM, XYZ XYZ wrote:

> Hi
>   I am in process of migrating nagios from one server to other
> server(same OS but lower version to higher version). Can anyone
> suggest me what are the steps to be followed to get same look and
> feel.

Feels like homework but...

(assumes nagios versions are the same and using a source-installed
nagios)
- Configure the webservers the same (The nagios documentation should
help here).
- Install nagios on the new machine
- Install nagios plugins on the new machine (including any special
ones you've installed or created)
- Install any nagios addons you use on the new machine
- Move dynamic data from current nagios to the new machine
		# stop nagios on current machine
		# tar up current etc and var directories
		# restart nagios
		# copy data tar file over to the new machine
		# log in to the new machine
		# extract the data to the new install of nagios
		# verify nagios configuration
		/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
		# [start nagios if all looks well].

If you're using NSCA or any other passive checks, you should know what
to do there.

--
Marc

any issue.