command line parameters in service definitions

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:57:41 CET 2008

OK folks, I've been working on some of the suggested improvements for
my check_iflocal plugin, and I cannot seem to get command line
parameters going into the script from my service definition.

When I run the below from the BASH command line it works as I would
expect.   But as my service definition it is not working.   It does
not seems as though the WANTDUPLEX and WANTAUTONEG parameters are
getting into my script.  Yes, I restarted nagios after updating the
service definition.

Any thoughts here?

define service{
        use                     local-service
        host_name               localhost
        service_groups          Interfaces
        contact_groups          admins
        service_description     eth0
        check_command
check_iflocal!eth0!WANTDUPLEX=half!WANTAUTONEG=on
        }