Question about host checks

Simone Felici s.felici at alpikom.it
Wed Dec 3 09:48:52 CET 2008

Marc Powell ha scritto:
> On Nov 27, 2008, at 11:00 AM, Simone Felici wrote:
>
>> Thank's Marc, but let me understood... Should Nagios perform host
>> checks only if needed?
>> I.e. if a service goes critical or change state?
>> Or are true both questions?
>
> In your configuration, nagios will do both active and on-demand
> checks. Nagios will normally do on-demand checks just by specifying
> 'active_checks_enabled 1'. When you also specified 'check_interval 5',
> you told nagios that it should perform regularly timed checks of the
> host as well. If you don't want regularly checks, leave out the
> check_interval directive entirely.
>
> I'm not sure where that's coming from since it wasn't in your original
> posting of the host definition or template. Was it ever set that way
> or currently set like that and left out of your original posting?
>
> --

good Morning Marc,

Found the solution.
The check_interval seems CANNOT be skipped (missed) into .cfg file or it will be set automatically.
Have no idea where it takes the default "5secs" value.
Setting it to "0", active checks are still enabled and the value to "0" prevent to schedule regular checks.
On demand checks are done without problems.

Also problem solved!

Thank's anyway for pointing me to the right place!

Simon