Annotation column for nagios host/service summary screens

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 07:13:00 CET 2008

It always bugged me that you couldn't customize the nagios
host/service summary screens, so I hacked cgi/status.c as attached
(.20080401.133208.status.c is the original, status.c is my change).

You put host-specific annotations in
/usr/local/etc/nagios/annotate/$host/hostinfo.txt, and
service-specific annotations in
/usr/local/etc/nagios/annotate/$host/$service

This is EXTREMELY rudimentary and bad for many reasons (the
information is hardcoded, the path is not tied to where you install
nagios, etc), and my main goal is to convince someone to improve it.