Host-Notify-By-EMail vs Notify-By-Email

John Moore johnfm3 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:16:03 CEST 2008

Ok,
I have Nagios 2.6, which is a installable RPM with SLES.  I am trying to set up notifications, and its not working.  I have nagiosQL running for setting up my configuration, and looking for information on the following...

Whats the difference between Host-Notify-By-EMail & Notify-By-Email?
Can a there be multiple emails per concact?  Are they seperated by a comma, or each there own line?

Do I have to setup a SMTP server to send email?  I just want the notifications going to my comcast account and my cell phone via smtp.

Thanks,
John