Multiple inheritance, why why why....

Taylor Dondich tdondich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 21:28:59 CEST 2008

Haha.  Pretty much, I was just venting.  Obviously the configuration
tool needs to make sure it works properly with Nagios.  I just feel
like the multiple inheritance situation is easy to shoot yourself in
the foot.

Just for history, I wrote Fruity, a configuration tool for Nagios,
which is used quite a bit.  I didn't think of it as "half-complete",
but there's some back history on why it hasnt' been updated (previous
employer garbage).  I'm rewriting the tool as Nagios 3 support, and it
is not, for sure, half complete.  It has support for the sophisticated
time periods, dependencies, escalations, multiple inheritance.  It has
a rich importing and export system and the first release may have the
full auto-discovery feature built-in.  I plan on it being complete
around late this weekend.  The UI is complete, the backend is as well.
 Just the import and export engine are being finalized.

Taylor