check_snmp_storage ..... ERROR : Unknown storage /var

Agnello George agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 08:48:08 CEST 2008

On 8/19/08, Paul Weaver <paul.weaver at bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> 1) Are you sure that "/var" is a seperate partition? Run
> df
> And look at the "mounted on" column

The df command display  the following

[root at vps libexec]# df
vzfs                   1048576    338374    710202  33% /

do i need to manually mount the  the /home or /var partion ??

2) Run
> snmpwalk 127.0.01 -v2c -C public hrStorageDescr

this command gives me the following output :

[root at vps libexec]# snmpwalk  127.0.0.1  -v1 -c public hrStorageDescr
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.1 = STRING: Memory Buffers
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.2 = STRING: Real Memory
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.3 = STRING: Swap Space
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrStorageDescr.4 = STRING: /

?

thanks !!