Service monitoring on Japanese Windows 2000

narendran.neelamegam at wipro.com narendran.neelamegam at wipro.com
Mon Aug 18 08:50:20 CEST 2008

NSClient++ Version : Nsclient++ 2.x
Os : Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
Nagios Version : 2.5
Attachment : services.msc on the Windows 2000 (Japanese) server.

define service{
        use                             check-service-availability
        name                            ZENworks Asset Management -
Collection Client
        service_description             ZENworks Asset Management -
Collection Client
        host_name                        1,2,3
        check_command                   check_nrpe_service!'TSCensus
Collection Client'
        contact_groups                  D1,M1
}

The above service check always returns critical "service
stopped"(Service is running fine).

Whereas the same configuration on the Windows 2000 (English) systems
return OK.

Is it something to do with the locale?

Should I be running a newer version of NSClient++ ( All are production
systems, Hence unable to test with new version)
I thought this is only required for perf counters)?

Thanks and regards,

Naren