Internal Server Error

Mark Young myoung at nagios.org
Tue Aug 12 16:45:36 CEST 2008

Hi Stefan,

On Aug 12, 2008, at 4:18 AM, Kulcsar, Stefan wrote:

> Hi Assaf,
>
> glibc is at version glibc-2.5-24
> it is a i585.
>>
>>> Nagios version: 3.0.3
>>>
>>> I don't installed anything on this server the problem appears from
>>> one to
>>> the other day and i dont know from where it comes. It must be
>>> something in
>>> the object definition files but i dont know what. If i stop nagios
>>> it runs
>>> perfectly for a while(15-30 mins) after this time the problem
>>> appears
>>> again.

Are you saying that you have had this problem since your first
install?  It is possible that you have found a bug but many people are
running Nagios 3.0.3 on CentOS.  Is there anything interesting/"out of
the ordinary" in your configuration of Nagios that you could think
of?  Could we get more on what causes this error to start?

The object definition files should be carefully checked by Nagios on
startup unless there is some illusive bug.  Have you tried running
nagios with a simple configuration.

I would try two things: I would back up nagios/etc and then install
the sample configs (make install-config) and see if that shows any
difference.  And I would still strongly suggest to reconfigure/
recompile nagios using the method as described in the quickstart guide
for fedora; scaning over the configuration output for anything
interesting.

Hope this helps.

Mark Young
___